News

• Home
  • News
  • Dr. Kamiya’s departure and Dr. Yasumura’s inaugural press conference

Dr. Kamiya’s departure and Dr. Yasumura’s inaugural press conference

2023/06/29

Yasumura Seiji, a Corporate Director and Vice President of FMU, was newly appointed as Executive Director of our Radiation Medical Science Center for the Fukushima Health Management Survey, replacing Dr. Kamiya Kenji.

A June 26 press conference was held to announce the June 21 departure of Dr. Kamiya, Executive Director of the Radiation Medical Science Center for the Fukushima Health Management Survey, and the June 22 appointment of Yasumura Seiji, a Corporate Director and Vice President of FMU, as Dr. Kamiya’s successor.

In his inaugural address, Executive Director Yasumura said, "I have been deeply involved in planning the Fukushima Health Management Survey and providing support to residents since the Center was established in September 2011. I would like to fulfill my duties as the one who knows the importance of the survey best." He also expressed the importance of linking survey results to support for residents and his aspiration to focus on information dissemination in cooperation with the Fukushima Institute for Research, Education and Innovation (F-REI).

Dr. Kamiya, as newly appointed Chairman of the Radiation Effects Research Foundation (RERF), stated that he would continue to contribute to Fukushima Prefecture and Fukushima Medical University by utilizing the extensive network of RERF.

FMU President Takenoshita, who also attended the press conference, expressed his determination to be actively involved in the fifth area of F-REI, "Collection and Dissemination of Data and Knowledge on Nuclear Disasters," and to disseminate findings from the Survey and other relevant studies both domestically and internationally.

Message from our new Executive Director Seiji YASUMURA

Picture from Inaugural Press Conference
(Left to right Dr. Kamiya / President Takenoshita / Dr. Yasumura)

Address by FMU President Takenoshita

Farewell address by former Executive Director Dr. Kamiya

Inaugural address by new Executive Director Dr. Yasumura